Monday, February 13, 2017

Heir of Deceit by Jan Martin






      Jan would rather write than eat or sleep, which is handy for authors—not so much for husbands. Her research as a nutritionist inspired an unusual murder weapon for Heir of Deceit. Favorite writing moment: meeting famous moonshiner Popcorn Sutton while during research in Asheville, North Carolina for Heir of Deceit. She has won national contests for her comedic poetry on subjects such as Black Friday and her messy kitchen. Some are included in her humor book My Word, That’s Absurd! along with her prize-winning children’s story, Miss Mousie and Mrs. McGreggor’s Closet.
Jan’s quirky sense of humor could classify her as eccentric, but she prefers the term “crazy.” She is the author of two novels, Heir of Deceit and Impressions of Innocence and a non-fiction humor book, My Word, That’s Absurd! She’s going nuts deciding which of seven book ideas she wants to work on next.
She loves cactus flowers, road runners, horned toads (and people). She enjoys cooking, teaching, and learning. The day she stops learning will be the day she stops breathing. She and her husband are the parents of six children.
Jan wrote for a local newspaper at age 11. She worked for her high school and college journalism departments, and as a case worker, tobacco prevention coordinator, and nutritionist. In addition, she has taught religion classes to high school students for more than 31 years as a volunteer.
Visit her web site at: http://janmar916.wix.com/janmmartin
P.S. If you enjoy her books, she’ll love you forever if you leave a 5-star review on Amazon about them.

Praise for Heir of Deceit: "A plot that is full of questions to keep readers turning pages--secrets, lies and drama. Good Stuff!" --Bethany Miller Cole (writing as Bethany Michaels) Judge at Romance Writers of America

"This is part love story, part genealogical mystery, a little bit about redemption and quite a lot of fun for the reader." --Jonesy, Amazon Reviewer

"A love story that . . . offers a satisfying mix of intrigue and idealistic love." --Kirkus Reviews

"It's captivating and it really keeps you guessing." --Lord of the Books Reviews


Connect with the Author here: 

On the eve of her wedding, Lacey uncovers a problem too large for love to conquer: a family curse which causes the women to kill the men they love, and puts her fiancé, Evs, in danger. Lacey vows to uncover the secrets of her lineage, even if it requires her ultimate sacrifice--the loss of her marriage to her beloved Evs.

Her search leads to the Smoky Mountain backwoods, where the shotgun is more respected than the law, and family may not be what is expected. HEIR OF DECEIT is set in an area, where, even today, hands of tobacco are used as currency, and moonshine stills explode.

Heir of Deceit is a clean Romantic Mystery suitable for teens and adults.


~ AmazonAmazon UK



Top Ten List:
1.      My brothers and I used to play with combustibles such as gun powder, kerosene, and gasoline. The gun powder burns with such a beautiful turquoise flame! We were always trying to invent a bomb. Some results were disastrous.
2.      My brothers and I used to dare each other to do stupid things. One was to jump off an old farm granary building behind our home. Not to be outdone, I did it. Once.
3.      My husband first took notice of me when I won a speech festival. The girl he took to the festival pointed out that she did NOT like my speech. She can keep the speech. I kept the guy.
4.      I once (true story) walked into a class of 4th graders to teach a nutrition class with toilet paper trailing from the waist of my slacks.
5.      My first written story was a ghost story I wrote for my grade school friends. It was based on a dream.
6.      When my husband first dropped by my house to ask for our first date, I was standing on the kitchen counter. This scene appears in my first book.
7.      In my younger years, my favorite activities were:  high school and college band (trumpet); baton twirling; dancing and inventing new dance and routines; swimming; singing (okay, I’m not good at it, but I like to do it), and tumbling (gymnastics).
8.      I am a total klutz at group sports, which earned me a reputation for being a klutz at everything. Not true. I was the only girl in high school to finish the long distance running course (wimps), and was pretty good at the activities in #7.
9.      Another favorite thing is creating recipes after tasting something I like. I’m good at it, unless it’s Chinese food.
10.  I am a terribly slow writer. It typically takes me over a year to write a book.


To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event page 



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for supporting my book during the Valentine Countdown Blitz! I loved it!

    However, a problem has come up (an error I made on some information---not your fault) that makes it necessary for me to ask all the bloggers---and all of you did an INCREDIBLY great job---to remove my book from your blogs.

    I truly hate to ask you to do this--I know how aggravating it is to do. But I thought it would be easier for you to simply delete the post than to ask you to try to make corrections.

    Could you delete the post for me, please? It’s the day 13 post (on Feb. 13—Valentine Countdown Blitz) about Heir of Deceit by Jan M. Martin. Could you drop me a one-word line and just say “done” or something like that when you do? That way I’ll know. My email is: janmar916@gmail.com

    Thanks so much!

    Jan

    ReplyDelete